- All motor vehicles operated by NNU faculty/staff, students (including commuters), and /or individuals residing in University Housing MUST be registered with Campus Safety and properly display a current NNU parking sticker at all times if the vehicle(s) will be parked on NNU properties. Click here for information on obtaining a parking permit. The parking permit will be sent to you through NNU Campus Mail. If a computer is not available, a vehicle registration form can be obtained from Student Development or at the Campus Safety Office. All vehicle static cling parking decals are to be placed in the lower left inside corner of the driver's side
- Operating a vehicle on the NNU campus is a privilege. Operators and passengers must display safe vehicle practices at all times. The posted campus speed limit is 15 miles per hour, and will be strictly enforced. Parking is to be done with respect to the marked areas and in cooperation with the posted sign(s). According to the City of Nampa Uniform Fire Code 902.2.4 "ALL ROADS ARE FIRE LANES - PARK IN MARKED STALLS ONLY, VIOLATING VEHICLES WILL BE CITED AND OR TOWED AT OWNER'S EXPENSE." In all instances, pedestrians have the right of way and operators are required to yield.
- Students and Campus Residents/Visitors who fail to comply with the traffic guidelines set forth by NNU may result in fines, loss of on-campus vehicle driving privileges, and /or disciplinary action through the Student Development Office. All University Administrative Personnel, Faculty, and Staff traffic infractions will be forward to the VP of Financial Affairs, their immediate Supervisor or Department Chairman for review. Local vehicle operators found to be in disregard of campus and local traffic guidelines that practice unsafe driving habits may be cited, have their vehicles immobilized, towed at owner's expense, or referred to the City of Nampa Police Department.
- All fines can be paid with the provided citation envelope and sent to NNU Campus Safety, 623 University Boulevard MSC#3351 Nampa, Idaho 83686-5897 or in person by going to the Campus Safety office 515 S. Ivy St., located behind the Alumni House. After 30 days, a $5.00 late fee will be assessed monthly. At the end of every semester unpaid fines and late fees will be forwarded to the Northwest Nazarene University Business Office and posted to the cited individual's account for collection.
- All appeals must be made in writing within 5 days of receiving the citation. If an appeal is granted, the Director of Campus Safety, the Assistant Director of Campus Safety, and one Faculty/Staff Employee will hear the petition. To request an appeal hearing send an Email to the Director of Campus Safety at email@example.com with the citation number and your statement justifying why you should be granted the opportunity to appeal.
- As stated in "NNU's Student Policies & Regulations" parking violations will be based on a one-year cycle beginning August 1st of each year. "Loss of Campus Vehicle Privileges" (CVP*) to be defined as "Driving a vehicle on campus is not allowed for any reason during the stated time period unless otherwise ruled by the Vehicle Appeals Committee."
Go-Carts, Golf Carts, Motorcycles, and Scooters:
Go-carts, golf carts, mini-motorcycles, motorcycles, and scooters, are considered motorized vehicles and subject to the same traffic code as automobiles. Operators found in violation of campus, State, and Local traffic laws will be cited or referred to the Nampa Police Department.
Bicycles, Skates, and Skateboards
Bicycles, skates, and skateboards are allowed on Campus only as a form of transportation to and from buildings. There is no play trick riding or trick skating allowed on campus. Riding and skating is allowed on sidewalks, however in all instances, pedestrians have the right of way and operators are required to yield. Operators failing to yield for pedestrians may be cited.
Traffic Violations and Citation Fines:
- CATEGORY "A" VIOLATIONS: Parking in a 10-Minute zone longer than posted, parking in a crosswalk or intersection, parking against the flow of traffic, parked in RD parking, Parked in more than one space, Blocking another vehicle, use of lost or stolen parking permit, failure to yield to pedestrians, and vehicle not registered or parking permit displayed in the approved location. - Violation: $10 Fine
- CATEGORY "B" VIOLATIONS: Driving the wrong way on a one-way street, parking in a fire lane, blocking access to driveway/building, parked in a disabled parking without appropriate permit, failure to obey traffic signs, exceeding posted speed limit (16-25 mph), and vehicle boot removal. - Violation: $25 Fine
- CATEGORY "C" VIOLATIONS: Inappropriate driving (grass/sidewalk/etc.), reckless driving, exceeding posted speed limit (26 mph and over), habitual offender (3 category "B" or "C" infractions per Semester), failure to stop for Security Officer, and failure to comply with loss of campus driving privileges (CVP*). - Violation: $50 Fine & possible referral to Student Development